Over the years, we’ve been known for translating Washington for Wall Street—and vice versa. And these days, we’re equipped to navigate complex challenges for nonprofits, startups, and investors, as well as domestic and international corporations across the economy. Our Mindset Weekly zeroes in on key insights and takeaways of note within the sectors we focus on each and every day.
April 10, 2023
The Senate and House are in recess and will return next week. President Biden is traveling to the UK and Ireland Tuesday through Friday to mark the 25th anniversary of the Good Friday accord. We are monitoring for any signs of a potential restart in U.S.-UK trade talks. The SEC meets on Friday to consider reopening the comment period for the proposed amendments to the definition of an “exchange” and Regulation ATS. Several financial agency officials are slated to speak at various events this week, including at the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund spring meetings. Upon returning from recess, we expect the debt limit conversation to heat back up ahead of the current early June “X-Date” deadline, with President Biden pressuring House Republicans to produce an FY23 budget resolution before negotiating with Speaker McCarthy. House Republicans are also looking to advance various border security measures in April which could add to the partisan tone.
The April 10 Mindset Weekly takes a deeper dive into the following topics
- BANK FAILURES FDIC Vice Chair Hill to Speak on Bank Failures Ahead of Deposit Insurance Report on May 1.
- COVID NATIONAL EMERGENCY COVID-19 National Emergency to Officially End This Week.
- FAIR HOUSING HUD Commemorates National Fair Housing Month Tuesday, Watching for Related Announcements.
- WORLD BANK-IMF Global Finance and Central Bank Officials Gather in Washington for World-Bank-IMF Meetings.
- OTHER HAPPENINGS CFPB Director Chopra speaks at Washington Post Live Tuesday; CFTC Chair Behnam speaks Tuesday and Thursday; Comments due Tuesday on FHA’s proposed Mortgagee Letter to change Home Equity Mortgage Conversion (HECM) program documentation requirements. Watching for the release of proposed rules on Automated Valuation Models and Property Assessed Clean Energy financing.
- Mindset Weekly: April 3, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: March 27, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: March 20, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: March 6, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: February 27, 2o23
- Mindset Weekly: February 21, 2o23
- Mindset Weekly: February 13, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: February, 6 2o23
- Mindset Weekly: January 30, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: January 23, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: January 17, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: January 9, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: January 3, 2023
- Mindset Weekly: December 5, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: November 28, 2022