Over the years, we’ve been known for translating Washington for Wall Street—and vice versa. And these days, we’re equipped to navigate complex challenges for nonprofits, startups, and investors, as well as domestic and international corporations across the economy. Our Mindset Weekly zeroes in on key insights and takeaways of note within the sectors we focus on each and every day.
March 14, 2022
The House is in session this week with a District Work Period next week. The Senate is in session through April 9. The House will vote on the FAIR Act to prohibit mandatory arbitration, a bill to ban natural hair discrimination, and several others under suspension. The House may also vote on legislation to revoke Russia’s preferential trade status, as well as possibly take up the $15.6 billion COVID supplemental bill, which was pulled from the FY22 omnibus. Notably, the House Financial Services Committee will vote on a number of Russia-related bills this Thursday that, as of now, includes restrictions on trading of Russian sovereign debt on secondary markets and delisting of Russian companies from U.S. exchanges. The Senate will vote on nominations, including that of Shalanda Young for OMB Director. FOMC meets Tuesday and Wednesday, with remarks from Fed Chair Powell Wednesday. We are also watching for the release of the President’s FY23 Budget Request, any legislative action following Ukrainian President Zelenskyy’s virtual address to Congress this Wednesday, and changes to Sarah Bloom Raskin’s nomination status following Senator Manchin’s (D-WV) opposition.
The March 14 Mindset Weekly takes a deeper dive into the following topics:
- HFSC MARKUP: House Financial Services Committee To Vote On Slate of Russia Bills Thursday.
- RUSSIA SANCTIONS: Other Legislators Also Look to Further Russia’s Trade Isolation, Dampen Oil Price Spikes.
- CRYPTO: Senate Banking Committee Examines Role of Crypto in Illicit Finance At Thursday Hearing.
- FED NOMINATION: Manchin Opposes Raskin Nomination.
- ESG: SEC to Propose Climate Disclosure Rule Next Week.
- FINANCIAL INCLUSION: Senate Aging Committee Holds Hearing on Financial Inclusion Thursday.
- APPRAISAL: Anticipating a Report from the Interagency Task Force on Property Appraisal and Valuation Equity (PAVE).
- OTHER HAPPENINGS: Senate Banking Committee hearing on public transport Tuesday; House Small Business Oversight Subcommittee hearing on the Paycheck Protection Program Wednesday; House Select Committee on Economic Disparity & Fairness in Growth hearing on small business entrepreneurship Wednesday; Separate Senate Finance Committee hearings Wednesday on Medicare drug pricing and charitable giving; SEC Commissioner Peirce speaks at Forbes Digital Assets & Web3 Summit Wednesday; House Energy & Commerce hearing Wednesday on 5G and spectrum policy; IRS Commissioner Rettig testifies before House Ways & Means Committee Thursday.
- Mindset Weekly: March 7, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: Febuary 28, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: February 22, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: February 14, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: February 7, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: January 31, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: January 24, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: January 18, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: January 10, 2022
- Mindset Weekly: January 3, 2022