This role will be responsible for leading research projects and for monitoring and analyzing the federal government’s legislative and regulatory actions pertaining to issues of importance to our clients. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about the nexus between public policy and markets, with 1-2 years of experience tracking and monitoring legislative and regulatory issues pertaining to consumer finance, including the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) and key committees of jurisdiction.
This Policy Analyst will play an integral role supporting Mindset’s policy research team, and working directly with partners and Mindset’s innovative clients who play a leading role in serving and investing in consumer finance markets. The role requires the ability to take ownership over policy issue areas, as well as strong writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills. The successful individual will also possess a high degree of personal integrity and initiative and thrive in a fast paced, adaptive work environment. The position is located in the Washington, DC area.
The Policy Analyst will work closely with and under the supervision of the firm’s Directors, Principals, and Partners and the duties of the position include:
- Reviewing and monitoring federal legislation and regulation impacting clients and markets;
- Leading research projects on key client policy priorities, translating that research into client-ready deliverables;
- Researching and monitoring relevant White House, Agency, and congressional activity and drafting timely written updates that puts these development in context;
- Attending or watching hearings and other policy events and preparing summaries and analysis of the key takeaways for internal teams and clients;
- Monitoring market developments with an eye toward the intersection of public policy and market outcomes;
- Drafting client-facing written deliverables such as policy backgrounders, legislative side-by-side comparisons, and policy outlook analyses;
- Participating in regular client calls/ meetings and responding to direct client requests.
Mindset is a bipartisan public policy consultancy that applies thoughtful research, strategic advisory, and effective advocacy to help our clients address the challenges and opportunities they face to today’s dynamic public policy environment. Based in Washington DC, Mindset possesses deep expertise in financial services including banking, insurance, housing, capital markets, Web3 and digital assets; tax, trade, and international affairs; energy, environment, materials, transport, and infrastructure; technology, media, and telecommunications; healthcare; and more.
Mindset values substantive policy depth and takes an empirical, analytical and immersive approach to support our client’s business goals. We have a strong, dedicated research team who understand the policy, political, and stakeholder developments that shape the policy environment in which our clients operate. We combine this breadth and depth of understanding with the intangible experience that comes from having been in the room during times of high-stakes policymaking to predict and influence outcomes on behalf of our clients.
Mindset is squarely focused on maintaining best-in-class service and impact for our clients. At the core of our success is our belief in hustle and humility. We work hard to get the job done, and we never lose focus on our clients.
Mindset is deeply committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and bias-free work environment. We are perpetually focused on building high-functioning teams with a breadth of experiences and perspectives to meet the complex needs of our clients. We seek the right individuals to help us continue building an exceptional, diverse, inclusive, and cohesive culture with a true sense of personal and professional integrity. At Mindset, our team members bring all of who they are to the table, and our work and our clients are better for it.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Sound like a good fit? Apply now.
Please send your cover letter, a copy of your resume and the position you are interested in applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.