Specific duties are outlined below:
- Partner/Principal Scheduling & Administrative Assistance
• Handle all scheduling requests for 2-3 partners/principals, including travel arrangements.
• Serve as the scheduling point of contact for all clients, working in conjunction with the Administrative Manager to assist with meetings for client fly-ins, annual year-in-review meetings, and key planning sessions.
• Prepare detailed weekly meeting coverage reports, reviewing the week ahead with partners/principals, providing final assignments to all staff.
• Anticipate conflicts and proactively propose solutions to maximize efficiency for the firm as a whole, rescheduling meetings or finding coverage as needed.
• Manage and update contact records for assigned partners/principals as requested.
• Assist with reception duties and special projects when needed.
• Provide support to the Director of Finance in preparing monthly credit card statements for the Partners as requested.
• At least two years of clerical/administrative experience preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook required.
• Ability to maintain a flexible working attitude, while performing job duties in stressful situations or handling complex communications.
• Must operate well in a team environment as well as perform job duties with little supervision.
• Must be able to professionally handle sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality.
• Experience in the government or government affairs industry preferred.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with social awareness, high degree of emotional maturity and emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and sound judgment; personal growth mindset and positive, supportive attitude.
• Demonstrated support for issues related to diversity and inclusion, including allyship and challenging bias; ability to effectively work with and support colleagues from a variety of social identities, including (but not limited to) race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, class, religion, and nationality.
• The firm offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and industry norms.
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts.
• Paid time off.
• Paid parental leave.
• 401(k) – matching.
Mindset is a bipartisan strategic advisory and lobbying firm based in Washington, DC. Mindset’s practice areas include financial services, tax and trade, energy and the environment, healthcare, technology, and telecommunications.
Mindset is squarely focused on maintaining best-in-class service for existing clients and expanding into new areas. We accomplish this through our hustle and humility. We work hard to get the job done, and we never lose focus on our clients.
Mindset also values substantive depth, and we have a strong research team who work hard every day to ensure they understand every nuance of their subject area. This depth of expertise informs our advocacy strategy and ensures that we can keep our clients abreast of every important development on issues that matter to them.
Mindset is focused on fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and bias-free work environment. We are deeply committed to using a diversity and inclusion (D&I) lens in everything we do, from building well-functioning teams to meeting the needs of our clients. At Mindset, we’ve created a workplace where our team members bring all of who they are to the table, and our work and our clients are better for it.