The Associate will play an integral role leading fintech and digital asset research and advocacy work, working directly for and with senior Mindset team members and clients. The role requires analytical skills, including the ability to compose concise and cogent written materials. The Associate should possess subject-matter expertise in fintech and digital asset policy and be able to effectively communicate relevant policy developments through an analytical lens connected to the client’s business interests.
The Associate will also lead research projects supporting clients on specific policy issues in the described area. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about public policy and is ready to support our fintech and digital asset practice across diverse and complex issues.
The individual will work closely with and under the supervision of Mindset leaders to perform a wide range of activities, including but not limited to:
- In partnership with client managers, leading client workflow on fintech and digital asset policy, including leading policy research and interacting directly with clients on a regular basis;
- In collaboration with client managers and other team members, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on fintech and digital asset policy activity in Congress, regulatory agencies, and international regulatory organizations;
- Leading research projects on key client policy priorities in assigned areas and translating that research into client-ready deliverables;
- Drafting written products such as policy backgrounders, legislative side-by-side comparisons and policy outlook analyses;
- Identifying issues and information relevant to client interests in assigned areas and disseminating in a timely and professional way; and
- Participating in regular client calls/ meetings and responding to direct client requests;
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to develop strategic plans and present them in a persuasive and visually appealing manner;
- Strong project management skills: highly organized and able to manage multiple incoming project requests with varying deadlines; able to adapt to changing priorities; able to thrive in a small team environment while also being comfortable working independently;
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to mentor other employees; team player with social awareness, high degree of emotional maturity, self-awareness, and sound judgment; personal growth mindset and positive, supportive attitude;
- Quick study: ability to develop expertise in complicated policy issue areas;
- Very strong writing, editing, and research skills.
- Demonstrated support for issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including allyship and challenging bias; ability to effectively work with and support colleagues from a variety of social identities, including (but not limited to) race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, class, religion, and nationality.
An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree, such as a J.D. or M.B.A. is desirable. Experience with fintech and digital asset policy and/or business experience required.
· Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts.
· Paid time off.
· Paid parental leave.
· 401(k) – matching.
Mindset is a bipartisan strategic advisory and lobbying firm based in Washington, DC. Mindset’s practice areas include financial services, tax and trade, energy and the environment, healthcare, technology, transportation, and telecommunications.
Mindset is squarely focused on maintaining best-in-class service for existing clients and expanding into new areas. We accomplish this through our hustle and humility. We work hard to get the job done, and we never lose focus on our clients.
Mindset also values substantive depth, and we have a strong research team who work hard every day to ensure they understand every nuance of their subject area. This depth of expertise informs our advocacy strategy and ensures that we can keep our clients abreast of every important development on issues that matter to them.
Mindset is focused on fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and bias-free work environment. We are deeply committed to using a diversity and inclusion (D&I) lens in everything we do, from building well-functioning teams to meeting the needs of our clients. At Mindset, we’ve created a workplace where our team members bring all of who they are to the table, and our work and our clients are better for it.
Join Our Team
Sound like a good fit? Apply now.
Please send your cover letter, a copy of your resume and the position you are interested in applying for to [email protected]